Competent Maritime Professional and Sea Staff (COMPASS) Training Center, Inc. is a Filipino-owned corporation established in 2009 through the shared initiative of maritime professionals and practitioners who intend to have a learning institution dedicated in the development and improvement of human resources in the maritime industry, by way of delivering a competency-based training and assessment programs using various teaching methodology and technology that enhances learning experience.
Here are some achievements of the company for the last five years:
1. Competency-based training programs are compliant with the requirements of the STCW 2010 – Manila Amendments, as amended under the accreditation of the Maritime Industry Authority of the Philippines
2. ISO 9001:2008 QMS requirements and maritime training standards from DNV-GL
3. The ALL Academy (Advanced Learning for Life), for the Maritime Resource Management (MRM)™ course
4. INTERTANKO’s Tanker Officer Training Standards (TOTS) for ship practical simulator verification and training courses
5. An official training provider in the Philippines for type-specific ECDIS by Japan based manufacturer FURUNO Navskills™ which uses the FURUNO ECDIS models: FEA-2017/2807 and FMD-3100/3200/3300
6. Accredited training provider for TRANSAS type-specific ECDIS using TRANSAS Navisailor 4000
7. MARLINS’ Approved Test Centre for English language test for seafarers, cruise ship staff and offshore workers.
8. Recently gained accreditation from Japan Radio Co., Ltd. (JRC) to conduct JRC type-specific ECDIS with models: JAN-901B/701B/2000/901M/901/701 (Old Model) and JAN-7201/9201 (New Model)
9. Now offering TESDA-accredited for Ships’ Catering Services – NC I and Ships’ Catering – NC III assessment services
THE FUTURE & BEYOND
One of the exciting developments in 2015 was the opening of the state-of-the-art training facility located in Cavite. With its synergistic partnership with the CNERGY International Group, the company now fully conducts and offers Basic and Advanced Safety Training Courses in a sprawling training center outside of Manila complete with modern facilities and amenities such as classrooms, a lagoon, an indoor training pool and a fire fighting simulation building
Provincial expansion studies were undertaken and shall further continue, at this point in time, COMPASS Training Center, Inc, now has its new branch at San Jose de Buenavista, Antique. Soon enough, COMPASS Training Centers will be strategically located nationwide for the convenience of Filipino maritime professionals and their organizations.
COMPASS and its world-class training services will be within reach literally no matter where you are in the Philippines!